|Diaper Style||Hybrid Cover||All In One|
(or $11.99 for tiny)
(or $19.99 for tiny)
(or 4-18 lb for tiny)
|8-35 pounds||8-35 pounds
(or 4-18 lb for tiny)
|Description||An open waterproof shell that can be used with many types of inserts.||A waterproof shell enclosed by a pocket of fabric. An insert is added inside the pocket to create the absorbent layer.||Waterproof and absorbent layers are all sewn together for everything you need in a simple grab and go option.|
|Pros||The cheapest and most customizable cloth diapering system. Multiple inserts can be added to increase absorbency, and covers can be reused between changes if they aren't soiled.||Customizable absorbency and insert types can be used. Pockets are cheaper than All in Ones, but can be assembled ahead of time, so many secondary caretakers can't tell the difference.||The easiest diapering system. Sewn in organic bamboo inserts make it ready to go as is.|
|Cons||Components must be assembled before use. Many child care and secondary caretakers aren't a fan of a more complicated system.||The shell must be washed every diaper change and can't be reused like the Hybrid Cover.||Pricier than other diapering systems.|
Start by multiplying how many times you change your baby in a day by how many days between washing. Newborn babies need to be changed 10-12 times per day. Most toddlers are changed 6-8 times per day. Covers can be wiped and reused multiple times if they aren't soiled. You will probably need a new cover for every 3rd diaper change after the first month or two. Newborns will likely need a new cover at each diaper change because they soil more frequently. We recommend washing every 1-3 days. Washing every day can wear your diapers more quickly. Washing less frequently than every 3 days can allow bacteria buildup in your inserts.
We recommend starting with either:
6-12 Hybrid Covers
24-36 All In Ones
18-30 Pocket Diapers
Most people also start with:
24-36 cloth wipes
Cloth diaper safe rash cream
A diaper sprayer
A diaper pail
Washable pail liner
1-3 travel wetbags
We offer huge savings to you when buying in bulk! Bulk discounts are automatically applied at checkout and include the ability to mix and match prints and colors. Coupon codes can also be stacked on top of bulk discounts for even more savings.
|Quantity||Diapers or Trainers||Inserts or Menstrual Products:||Wetbags||Dryer Balls||Bamboo Straws|
|3+||$2 off each item||$1 off each item|
|6+||$2 off each item||$1 off each item||$1.50 off each item||$0.50 off each item|
|12+||$3 off each item||$2 off each item||$0.75 off each item|
|24+||$1.50 off each item||$1 off each item|
For example: purchasing 12 Hybrid Diaper Covers would have a total bulk savings of $36 or 20% off!
Yes, we offer free shipping to US addresses on orders over $75. Visit our shipping page for more details.
If you order does not qualify for free shipping, a shipping cost estimate can be found on the cart page before checking out.
Adjust the rise snaps on the front of the diaper to find the best fit for your baby. Diapers should be snug around the babies back and legs without any gaps when the babies legs are moved into various positions. This is the only step needed before using an All-in-One.
Pocked diapers should have an insert tucked into the opening at the front of the diaper before using.
Hybrid covers should have an insert tucked under the front and back flaps before using.
For overnight, heavy wetters, or babies over 6 months, we suggest using an additional insert in all our diaper styles.
Diapers should be snug around the babies back and legs without any gaps when the babies legs are moved into various positions. If there are any gaps, the rise snaps should be snapped to a smaller setting. If you need additional fit help, we would be happy to help! Please reach out to us via Facebook Chat or send us an email.
Yes! Most childcare programs are open to using cloth diapers. Some states even have laws preventing childcare facilities from denying the use of cloth diapers. Our system is easy to prepare ahead of time so all they have to do is put it on! Ask your childcare provider to fold up the diapers with the wipes inside and place them in your wetbag to prevent smells/leaks. Disposable liners can be placed on the top of a diaper and tossed out when changing your baby to keep solids from sitting on your inserts for long periods of time. Disposable inserts are also a great option to prevent solids from sitting for long periods of time.
Cloth Diaper and Menstrual Pad Laundering Instructions:
We like to keep is simple! Cloth diapers are resilient and can be washed just like your regular laundry. Please unsnap all snaps before laundering.
When you first receive your products, they can be used after a single, regular washing cycle. Hemp will continue to gain absorbency as it's washed multiple times.
After removing any solids, all our products should be washed using hot water cycles and regular commercially available detergent. An additional rinse will ensure that detergent (and the bacteria it clings to) is being fully removed. All products can be line, tumble, or heat dried.
We do not recommend natural, homemade or alternative detergents, laundry soap, or soap nuts as these do not typically have enough cleaning power to fully rid diapers of bacteria. Many of these products also leave a film on diapers that make them less absorbent. Additives such as vinegar, baking soda, borax, oxyclean, or any fabric softeners also should not be used on cloth diapers. Avoid using detergents that include any of these additives as well.
- First check to make sure the absorbency in your diaper is enough. If the interior of the diaper is saturated when changing, an additional insert needs to be added. As babies get older, the absorbency needs to be increased as well. We recommend using 2 inserts at a time for babies over 6 months or once they are sleeping through the night. Upgrading to a more absorbent insert, such as hemp, may help this issue as well.
- Make sure the diaper is adjusted so that the elastic is snug around the legs and back.
- Also make sure that any clothing isn't touching any interior part of the diaper. A common cause of liquid wicking onto clothing is from onsies that fit snug in the creases of the leg where the diaper elastic also sits.
- Make sure that none of your diapers have been washed with fabric softeners or detergents containing fabric softeners or other additives that create a barrier and cause liquid to repel from the absorbent part of your diapers, Many diaper rash creams also contain liquid barriers such as petroleum. If this happens, your diapers will need to be stripped before being used again.
When emptying you cup during your cycle, rinse your cup with plain water or wash with unscented castile soap or unscented baby wash.
Your cup may be boiled monthly to sanitize between cycles. Use a deep, clean pot filled with water so the cup will float, and make sure the water is boiling before you add the cup. Remove the cup after 5-10 minutes.
Avoid using any harsh acids/bases such as hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, rubbing alcohol as these may cause the silicone to break down. Also avoid any soaps containing oils, moisturizers, or fragrances as these can be extremely irritating for internal use.
What you put on your baby's skin is not only important to your baby's health, but also to the environment. That's why we use organic fabrics made of sustainable materials such as Bamboo and Hemp. We strive to produce products using only the most eco-friendly materials available. All our fabrics are certified to Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 and the CPSIA. We utilize fair trade practices in sourcing all our fabrics as well. Our hemp and bamboo fabrics are 100% organic and GMO free.
All waterproof pieces of our diapers are made from TPU. It is more breathable than any other waterproof material on the market. Unlike PUL, which is chemically bonded, TPU is a polyester fabric that is heat bonded with thermoplastic polyurethane. It contains fewer chemicals and is made using a safer, more environmentally friendly process.
Many of our products are manufactured here in Greensboro, NC. In a competitive marketplace, providing affordable products makes it necessary for us to use some international manufacturing as well. We only partner with manufacturers that utilize fair trade practices, including minimum wages, safe working environments, and environmental sustainability.
There are six key principles to Fair Trade: a fair price for products, fair labor conditions, direct trade, democratic and transparent organizations, community development and environmental sustainability.
- A Fair Price: Fair-Trade-certifying organizations establish a fair price, guaranteeing farmers and workers a living wage as well as an additional sum of money or “premium” for investment in social, environmental or economic development.
- Fair Labor Conditions: Fair Trade workers and farmers are guaranteed safe working conditions and fair living wages. Forced child labor is strictly prohibited.
- Direct Trade: Fair trade products are purchased directly from Fair Trade producers, eliminating unnecessary middlemen and allowing farmers to strengthen their organizations and become competitive players in the global economy.
- Democratic and transparent organizations: Fair Trade producers within the farm or organization democratically decide how to use their Fair Trade premiums.
- Community development: Fair Trade producers invest their Fair Trade premiums into projects that benefit the community and environment including but not limited to the following: improved healthcare, education, business, and farming improvements.
- Environmental sustainability: The Fair Trade system strictly prohibits the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs), promotes the improvement of soil fertility through practices such as crop rotation and limits the use of harmful chemicals in favor of farming methods that protect and preserve the health of the soil, air, water, workers and consumers.
Yes, all our children's products are tested, labeled, and tracked according to the CPSIA regulations.
Shipping Time -- Most orders will ship within 5 business days, provided the product ordered is in stock. Orders are not processed or shipped on Saturday, Sunday, or holidays, except by prior arrangement.
Free Shipping -- Free shipping offer can only be applied by selecting the "free shipping" option during checkout. Free shipping can only be applied to orders over $75 after all discounts have been applied. Free shipping is only available for orders shipped to US addresses.
Calculate Shipping -- Shipping cost can calculated on the shopping cart page, prior to checkout.
Our complete shipping policy information can be found on our Shipping Policy page.
All products are eligible for our 12-month warranty. All warranty and return guidelines can be found on our Warranty Policy page.
Yes, please contact us at Info@WinkDiapers.com for more information.
Yes, you can find more information as well as an application here.